Monday, January 26, 2009

Young & Alive

I had the most amazing time at this bar on Saturday night. It had a dark, gothy feel to it & it was loaded with young people. I started drinking pretty much immediately when I got there. Two Long Islands, and a can of PBR. I was feeling good by the time midnight rolled around.

My boyfriend, my roommate, and I sat in this huge booth. It was so comfortable! I was facing the stage so I could see everyone dancing. It was fun watching them until 4 of my favorite songs came on. I wanted to go dance SO BADLY, but I didn't want to look like an utter fool. First song, "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" (The Smiths) came on - and when I heard it, I automatically felt like I was in the 80s. This feeling of pure happiness came over me for some reason. It was probably the alcohol. Just when I thought how amazing it was they played that, then "Hong Kong Garden" (Siouxsie & the Banshees) came on!!! See, I've always wanted to dance to that song in a club or somewhere. I really enjoyed the scene in Marie Antoinette when everyone was dancing to that song. I was hooked. But like I said before, I didn't go dance because I didn't want my boyfriend to be embarassed of me. Plus I didn't want a chance of any guys trying to hit on me.

Long story short, there were plenty of songs I wanted to dance to, but I didn't. I kick myself for not doing it. Seriously. It was my chance to just be young, wild, and drunk.

A song I haven't heard in a long, long, LONG time came on too. It was "Deceptacon" by Le Tigre. My old best friend and I used to always blast it in her car when we were in high school and scream the lyrics at the top of our lungs. I recorded some of it on my phone and sent her a text saying how much I missed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment