Friday, January 23, 2009

Sleepy, Off to Work

So this is my first entry in this POS. I figured I could write in here since not a lot of people will read it. Nobody knows about it for all that matter.

For a while I've been thinking about making a music blog, but I can never find any sites to host my mp3s for free. Definitely not paying for hosting. Eh, maybe I'm pretentious for thinking that people would actually want to listen to music that I enjoy. That seems to be a common thought of everyone nowadays with MySpace profile playlists, "Currently Listening" features, iLike for Facebook. People at my job bring in their CDs and iPods to hook up over the restaurant's speakers so that they can torture me with redundant hip hop and female British pop singers who have been to rehab many a time. I'm tired of it all. Don't get me wrong, I'll bring in a CD when I'm opening up shop, but that's because I'm the only one there besides my manager who's in the back doing paperwork.

Speaking of work, I woke up around 6:00am this morning even though I only have work at 10:00am. I'm glad I woke up early, but I'm beginning to get sleepy again. I hope I don't crash while I'm at work. I was able to put more songs onto my cheap, mp3 player & begin filling out my FAFSA for the 2009-2010 school year. I feel like such a fucking bum. If I would've done well and stayed in school when I WAS in school, then I'd be graduating from college in 2010. But no. I got drunk, I got stoned, I skipped classes, & I flunked out. And here I am trying to go back to school to complete my first year in the year I SHOULD have been graduating.

I have a lot of things I need to do, but I find I can only do them at nighttime or in the wee hours of the morning when everyone's asleep, and I don't have any distractions. Nobody messaging me on MySpace, no wall posts on Facebook, nobody texting me. It's a busy world. I'm such a sucker for MySpace & Facebook. I don't know what's so addicting about it. I guess it's because you can be who you want to be on websites like that. You can tell tons of people, "Ooh, I like these cool movies. And I like these awesome bands, and I want to explain myself in my About Me as much as possible. And I want to be artsy." And they'll buy it. People that I work with, I had no idea they were the way they are until after I found them and befriended them on those god-forsaken websites. Or maybe I'm fooling myself, and we're all just as geeky as we are in person. No wit, no paint, no photoshop, no time to think about all the bands & movies you love.

All of a sudden, I feel somewhat happy about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment